Chef de Cuisine – Los Angeles,CA
The Chef de Cuisine will be responsible for ensuring that the kitchen consistently produces high quality food that meets company expectations, that the Kitchen team meets assigned objectives for labor, food, and operational costs, that the appropriate systems are developed, trained and maintained in order to meet sanitation and food safety standards and that the most talented people are hired, trained, developed and retained to work in the kitchen.
•Drive all company standards at all times, including uniform, grooming and timeliness of the kitchen staff and BOH management.
• Implement and maintain systems to create efficiencies and improve the quality of BOH operations.
• Implement and maintain operational check lists including opening, closing and mid-shift task lists.
• Ensure thorough and effective line checks are conducted every shift to ensure quality.
• Suggest improvements and enhancements of dishes to the Tasting Panel regularly.
• Take feedback from Tasting Panel and incorporate into recipe execution.
• Hold food reviews and weekly recipe reviews to ensure food quality meets company expectations.
• Incorporate FOH management into the food review process.
• Manage and maintain checks and balances to ensure recipes are rigorously followed.
• Coach AKMs to conduct effective line checks and to make effective judgments on food throughout a shit
• Food and Labor cost goals for each period are achieved.
• Kitchen is fully staffed with people that exude friendliness, professionalism and care.
• High morale is clearly evident amongst the kitchen staff.
• Kitchen staff members are effectively, trained, developed and retained.
• Kitchen management team is coached, developed, challenged, inspired and thriving.
• Kitchen staff is in compliance with all company policies and procedures.
•High safety standards are always maintained
• 5+ years Experience as Executive Chef, Chef De Cuisine in fast paced, high volume best in class restaurant/hotel
• Broad and diverse knowledge of international culinary traditions
• Ability to communicate effectively across BOH, FOH and Executive Lines
• Culinary Degree preferred
• Must live in or be willing to relocate to the Los Angeles area (relocation considerations made for the right candidate)