Agency VP & GM, Los Angeles, CA.
Élever Professional is seeking an experienced VP/GM for a well-funded start-up Media Planning Agency. Our client comes to the table with an established client-base, strong executive team, and some of the brightest minds on the West Coast in Media Planning. The VP/GM will lead the growth and expansion of this start-up by holding down operations and building new business. For an experienced leader in PR/ Communications/ Advertising this is an exciting opportunity to get involved with an exciting start-up and lead it through its growth and expansion.
* Grow business and create revenue by identifying new client opportunities through traditional business development and sales efforts and by growing recurring revenue through expansion of current client business
* Take full ownership of Agency P&L
* Provide continuous analysis of solutions and services provided to current clients and make recommendations on furthering solutions to expand revenue and assist the client by expanding value- add of the agency
* Contribute information to market strategy by monitoring competitive services and reactions from clients
* Accountable for client satisfaction and providing high quality service.
* Be active in the closing of new business, taking the lead role during presentations, preliminary contact and planning strategy meetings
* Review and analyze media plans prior to client presentation
* Act as client-lead on special projects and media related presenations
* Build and maintain agency relations with wide range of media, TV, Radio, Spot TV, Mags, Out-of-Home, and print outlets
* Serve as a member of our client’s Executive Team, contributing Sr. Level experience and recommendations on all agency matters, within and outside of the Media Function
* Responsible for process improvement, financial success, and overall operations of the Media Group, leading a team of directors to a high level of performance and client wins
* Employee management, hiring, firing, and providing motivation, generally speaking, proactively leading the team to win while ensuring adherence to company policies and best practices
* Make recommendations to the Executive Committee on strategy, vision, operational and organizational improvements
* Design, build out, and constantly improve the plans and strategy for maximum employee performance
* Entrepreneurial abilities w/ a minimum of 10 years senior level experience in management of agency media department.
* Proven deal-closer, business developer, and revenue generating rock star
* Top-Tier MBA or work equivalence preferred
* Experience in the fast paced, sometimes chaotic environment of a start-up
* 5+ Years in PR and Digital/Non-traditional platforms
* A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration preferred
* 5+ Years of doing more and accomplishing better results than your peers