Director of Sales and Business Development-Internet
Élever Professional is partnering with an exciting e-commerce start-up out of Los Angeles on the build-out of their Sales and Business Development teams. Our client is well funded and well positioned to scale at an impressive rate, and the Sales Director’s role will weigh heavily into their success. The successful candidate will possess a combination of sound business acumen and a strong sales drive. Since this is a start-up entering a rapid growth period, this position will require a hands-on and cross functional will to win. It is not for the meek. Experience selling SaaS related products required. Experience with merchant services products preferred. The Sales Director reports directly to the EVP of Sales.
– Build and maintain productive relationships with senior retail executives, especially e-commerce, online gaming, music, and entertainment
– Demonstrate the value propositions of client products and services in onsite meetings and through written and other communications
– Manage a sales cycle from the initial meeting all the way through contracts, legal review and on through execution and implementation
– Be comfortable selling innovative, high-value merchant services partnerships to SMB’s and Enterprise partners alike
– Recruit, hire and mentor a sales team of Junior Executives
– Work across Product Marketing and Product Management lines to maximize sales-enablement materials and product optimization
-Set ambitious sales targets and regularly destroy them
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial in spirit, lives for a challenge and won’t be afraid to expand his/her comfort zone. A start-up is not for the clock-puncher, but the upside potential of this organization is infinite.
– BA/BS or equivalent education (Top-tier MBA preferred)
– 5 years work experience minimum, preferably within the Internet/e-commerce or related industries
– 3+ years experience in business development and/or sales as a top performer.
– Excellent communications and problem solving skills. Ability to make sound business decisions in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
– A will to win. Must be driven to achieve personal and team goals.
– A client specialist: must love working with customers and partners and be creative in making (and keeping) them happy
– Cloud-based CRM proficiency a must (Salesforce, SugarCRM, NetSuite, etc). Must also know your way around the MS Office Suite.
– Desire to constantly learn and process new information about the industry, the company’s solution, its partners, and the competitive landscape
– Open to 25-40% travel
– Must be in the Los Angeles area or willing to relocate. Relocation assistance available for right candidate.
Competitive Compensation + Benefits + Equity
Telecommute considered but must be on the West Coast
Élever Professional is a leading firm in Executive Search and Recruitment. We look forward to receiving your application! All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Visit us at http://www.eleverpro.com for more information about our services.